How Do I Get Bad Stories About Me Off Google? Part 3
Continuing on with our list of ways to improve your search results from Part 2 of How Do I Get Bad Stories About Me Off Google:
- Consider posting on Answers.yahoo.com. When you write a post and sign your name to it, you increase the number of positive results associated with you. You can also add a link to your website or blog, which also increases the number of positive returns and gives you a better ranking.
- Consider posting on askville.amazon.com
- Consider posting on Directories
- Yellow pages – There are many of them
- Local.google.com – you can post your Regis or HQ addresses as additional locations for your business if you have temporary office space.
- Consider posting on:
- Try to get your alumni or other .EDU to link to your site and to post your biography.
- Post videos of yourself
- Create books and self-publish on Amazon.com
- Post reviews with your name on Amazon.com
- Post your information on ZoomInfo.com and set to public
- Post your information on Classmates.com and set to public
- Post your information on MySpace.com and set to public
- Put different content on each location – do NOT just copy and paste- customize to some extent. Google will penalize you and your sites for cloning information.
- Don’t just repost content
- Link to different spots, not all the same. Links can be to different pages on your blog(s), good articles or other positive content.
- Link to what is linking to other good content. In other words, if Sue’s blog has links to the positive articles about you, then link to Sue’s blog, especially her article that has links to the articles about you.
- Ask others for links to you and your good sites.
- Create a template email. Ideally you would give a phone call before hand to explain the situation.
- Ask others to visit the good links, especially from Google searches
- Ask that they add content (comments) and links to your site.
- Set up a Twitter account to allow for more posting
- Set your home page to Google with the search of keyword phrase set. Then open tabs of the ‘good’ links on a regular basis.
- Create SlideDecks of information with links and reference to yourself.
- Create PodCasts with information about yourself
- Create a resources page on your website – link to other articles
- Safe ‘free’ resources
- How to choose a firm in your industry
- When to use your profession
- Post Articles on others sites with your name and links back to your site - http://help.helium.com/earn-money-helium
- Consider outsourcing parts of this to virtual assistant or e-lance. You may also want to consider a virtual business manager to most effectively manage a project like this.
- There are tools for monitoring your reputation. These range from free to high-cost. The more they can do automatically, the less they will be able to foresee the place that you did not expect to have an issue.
- Google alerts is a great place to start – set up alerts to let you know when ever your search keyword phrases show up in Google’s search engine. You can also set up customized news pages that provide all the occurrences of your keyword phrases as well. These are easy to do, but look to find someone who knows how to look at the situation with fairly objective views, to get all the different variations of the keyword phrases that may be in use.
You can also use Google news as a feed for your website to keep your content fresh. But of course be aware, this may post good and bad.
So there you have it, lots of different ways to get bad Google stories about you off the top of the list in search returns. No one stop shop for free, but a list of specific steps to get results.
Have you ever had a search engine reputation issue? What did you do about it?