New World order – customer perspective 1st, Company perspective 2nd
Check out this website and their whole approach to marketing. Let me know how long it is before you figure out who’s actually the big company behind the totally different approach to marketing.
Here is what stands out in looking at this as an effective marketing tool:
- it is fun and colorful
- it has movement – both in the rotating graphics as well as in the variable typefaces being used.
- It is inviting, both from its graphics and it’s ability to share with others, and the ability to easily find information
- it states what it can do for me in a non-sales format way before I ever can get to the point of finding out what I can buy from them.
- It focuses on community and how we can interact locally, rather than with a big mega Corporation.
- It’s quick, concise, clear, and the messaging text is easy to figure out what it’s about, then get on, get off, and move on to my next task at hand.
- the navigation is easy to follow. While I usually don’t like the drop downs and chase the cursor type websites, this one is easy, because the targeted areas are large, and easy to click on, with a single layer drop-down.
I think the key here is that they are starting from a customer perspective, rather than from a corporate perspective, which is very key for any business these days, especially in working with the younger generation.
This site may or may not be the best for search engine optimization. Although it really is not clear exactly what terms they would be trying to optimize for anyways. They do rank at the top for “next door Chicago”. Which if that is their brand focus here, it is a good approach. But I imagine in the list of site objectives, SEO was lower on the list, and they are more successful in other site objectives.
I would love to have your perspectives on this.
No comments yet.